We had a fantastic day at the Analytics Institute Fellowship & Industry Awards 2019 in the magnificent Banking Hall in the Westin Hotel on Friday June 21st.
The awards were hosted by Sile Seoige and the Analytics Institute team and were sponsored by the Aon Centre for Innovation & Analytics, EY, AIB, Bank of Ireland, Oracle, Idiro Analytics, Client Solutions, PwC, GeoDirectory and SAS. The event was packed out with over 200 industry leaders from across the sector in attendance.
Following a Prosecco Reception in the atrium (sponsored by Tableau) we made our way to the Banking Hall where lunch as served.
There was palpable excitement in the room as we firstly announced the recipients of Fellowship of the Analytics Institute of Ireland. These are awarded to individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the Analytics Industry in Ireland.
Fellowships of the Analytics Institute of Ireland were awarded to:
- John Farrelly, Technology & Innovation Leader EY
- Shemas Eivers, Chairman Client Solutions
- Yvonne Holmes, Head of Consumer Strategy & Design AIB
- Ray Cleary, Business Information Manager DAA
- Martin Duffy, Director Analytics Advisory PwC
The Industry Awards following. As the awards were selected through member voting, many of the categories were very hotly contested. Although we received over 1,300 votes, there were less than 10 votes separating many of the nominees.
Winners of the 2019 Analytics Institute Fellowship & Industry Awards
- Customer Insights Award: Idiro Analytics
- Analytics Innovation Award: AIB
- Implementation of AI Award: Microsoft
- Business Value Award: Pfizer
- Public Sector Analytics Award: Dept of Employment Affairs and Social Protection
- Emerging Tech Award: Sonalake
- Analytics Team of the Year: AIB
- Analytics Leader of the Year: Jo O Donovan Eir
- Analytics Practitioner of the Year: Sean Mullan AIB
- Diversity in Analytics Awards: Specialisterne and Accenture Women in Data Science
Celebrations went on until late in the Mint Bar after a wonderful event which celebrated excellence in the Analytics, AI and Data Science sector in Ireland.