Details of Service
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) is the HSE office responsible for the delivery of technology to support healthcare across Ireland. The OCIO embraces all voice, video and data communications technologies and provides one central management point for all purchases of hardware, software, telecommunications, ICT developments and advisory services.
The Health Service has an overriding requirement to deliver safe services while addressing risks to service users and to the general population. A fundamental principle underpinning the transformation of the health delivery system is that appropriate responsibility, authority and accountability for healthcare services must devolve as close to the patient and service user as possible.
The purpose of the Integrated Information Service is the consolidation and integration of activity information of the HSE. The outcome of this service initiative will be a single repository of data and service reporting for routine and ad hoc information requirements. This will include holding oversight of data quality, processes, governance and security.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deploy solutions so that they provide actionable insights to the organisation and are embedded or integrated with application systems.
- Support and drive analytic efforts designed around organisation’s strategic priorities and clinical/business problems.
- Work in a team to drive innovation, which will translate into improved quality of care, clinical outcomes, reduced costs, efficiencies and process improvements.
- Build and extend our analytics portfolio supported by robust documentation.
- Develop predictive and prescriptive analytic models in support of the organisation’s clinical, operations and business initiatives and priorities.
- Work with autonomy to find solutions to complex problems using open source tools and in-house development.
- Develop and draft standard operating procedures and guidelines in line with Integrated Information Services strategy.
- Create, communicate, influence and manage the project plans and other required project documentation and provides updates to leadership as necessary.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business, IT and clinical leaders and stakeholders across the organisation to facilitate collaboration and effective communication.
- Work with the analytics team and clinical/business stakeholders to develop pilots so that they may be tested and validated.
- Assist leadership with strategies for scaling successful projects across the organisation and enhances the analytics applications based on feedback from end-users and clinical/business consumers.
- Assist HSE with identifying and disseminating success stories in an effort to increase analytics literacy and adoption across the organisation.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the role for example, Standards for Healthcare, National Standards for the Prevention and Control of Healthcare Associated Infections, Hygiene Standards etc and comply with associated HSE protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
- Demonstrate pro-active commitment to all communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- To act as spokesperson for the Organisation as required
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
(Applicants must demonstrate all the criteria listed below, as relevant to the role):
- In depth knowledge and understanding of data analytics with relevant experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency in a programming language used widely in data analytics such as Python, R, or similar.
- Experience with ETL and SQL
- Experience and understanding of the application of statistical concepts and methods to real world problems
Please see this YouTube video to learn more.
Press 'Apply Now' to view and download job spec and application details