At Kitman Labs, we’re building the tools that enable the world’s greatest sporting organisations to reduce their risk of injury, optimise the performance of their athletes and ultimately win more competitions. We do that by combining the knowledge of Sports Scientists, Product Designers and Software Engineers to create intuitive products that solve the problems those organisations face every day. Our clients come from a wide range of sports, such as American Football, Soccer, Rugby and Hockey.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for an experienced analytics leader to guide our Data Science team.
Elite sport is full of data – think GPS units, shots on target and, sadly, injuries! The Data Science team uses data like this to help our customers understand performance and injury risk. We’re looking for someone who can:
• Empower the organisation to make Data Science a game changer in elite sport
• Lead the development of analytics concepts from research all the way to product in collaboration with our Engineering, Product and Sports Science teams
• Lead the development of customer insight platform
• Drive the development of team skills and culture
• Work collaboratively with the Engineering group to develop Data Science stack
• Work closely with the Head of Performance Science to manage Data Science headcount and represent the views of Data Science to the wider organisation
What kind of things are we looking for?
We’re looking for a Data Scientist who loves solving problems, leads by example, and is comfortable making decisions. To that end, you should have:
• 5+ years of Data Science experience building models to solve problems
• A track record of developing concepts that transform data into intelligence
• Experience overseeing a small Data Scientist team
• Fluent in languages like R and Python
• Experience developing data and analytical pipelines
• Ideally, you will hold a Masters or PhD in an appropriate technical discipline
• An ability to represent the needs of Data Science in simple and clear terms to a diverse internal audience
• Software development experience is a bonus
• A track record of high quality research is a bonus
• Competitive salary
• Meaningful equity so that we all share in our successes
• Comprehensive health insurance so you don’t have to worry about the unexpected
• Gym membership to help you keep active
• Macbook Pros are our standard issue laptop, but if you work better with different hardware, we can figure that out
• Taxsaver tickets and a cycle-to-work scheme to help you get around
• A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and drinks to keep fuelled
• A great location, close to the DART, Luas, plenty of bus routes, secure onsite bike parking, and showers in the office