What can you expect?
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. is a global professional services firm, headquartered in New York City with businesses in insurance brokerage, risk management, reinsurance services, talent management, investment advisory, and management consulting. It comprises the operating companies Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, JLT and Oliver Wyman.
The Dublin-based Marsh & McLennan Innovation Centre (MMCIC) is an innovative R&D and data analytics hub that delivers industry-leading digital solutions for its clients and colleagues. It is of strategic importance to MMC and contains representatives from each of MMC’s operating companies.
Marsh Data Services is a department within the Marsh Operations function and is headed by the CDO. Its mission is to provide a framework, with associated standards and data platforms, that enables Marsh colleagues and clients to maximize the value of their data assets. The Transaction Data Management (TDM) and Management Intelligence (MI) team is within the MDS department and provides assurance on the quality of data in the various transaction masters as well as issuing KPI dashboards to c-suite stakeholders.
The TDM & MI team is seeking an experienced and proactive Scrum Master for a distributed agile team. You will be working with Product Owners and operational managers to prepare the product backlog as well as working with the scrum teams to ensure the sprint backlog is delivered. You will be asked to coach the teams in Agile principles and help mature our delivery approach. Reporting into the TDM and MI Lead you will be a key member of a team at the centre of Marsh’s data journey, and will serve as an advocate for the power of data
What you will be rewarded with:
Our employees enjoy excellent benefits such as:
- Competitive salary with annual review
- Up to 12% pension contribution
- Healthcare cover
- Study Support
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sports & Social clubs/Wellness Programme
- Paid annual leave and ability to purchase additional leave days
- Travel ticket / bike to work / dental are optional
- Subsidised canteen
- 35 hour working week
We will count on you to:
- Establish, organise, and run the usual Scrum ceremonies for two busy Scrum teams, one in Dublin and one in India. The Dublin team is relatively mature, but the India team is just starting its Agile journey.
- Ensure Agile / Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, and where necessary coach the teams in implementing and practicing Agile principles.
- Track Scrum metrics in JIRA including team velocity and sprint / release progress and communicate this internally and externally, improving transparency and accountability.
- Help the product owner establish and enforce sprint priorities and release delivery deadlines. Ensure business objectives are understood and achieved by holding teams accountable for meeting sprint commitments.
- Prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goals, through mediation, arbitration, mitigation and addressing impediments with the team members and the organizational hierarchy.
How the role is expected to evolve:
- 90 days: Become familiar with the domain and the stakeholders, adding value where you can see gaps
- 6 months: Based on your expertise, bring about change in the way we deliver that will enhance our value proposition, and coach the teams in a way that will position them for further success.
- 12 months: Establish yourself in the Agile community within the organization. This will generate opportunities for you to grow and become a key member of the community of practice in the Innovation Centre as well as the wider MDS team.
- 2 years & beyond: Continue to expand the team’s capacity and capability to a point where it is inconceivable that we ever operated without you. At this point, you set the limits on how the role evolves and the opportunities that become available.
What You Need to Have
- 4+ years working as a Scrum Master in a distributed Agile team with CSM or equivalent.
- A proven track record of being a servant / leader in a Scrum team. You will need the strength drive the teams and to remove blockers. You will be expected to improve processes through active management of the outcomes of retrospectives.
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
- Understanding of the Data Quality domain and the delivery of KPI dashboards
- Ability to help technical team members and senior non-technical product owners to make the appropriate decisions.
Interpersonal skills – every bit as important as the technical side
- Comfortable with responsibility to deliver and resilient enough to handle pressure to balance time, quality, and scope.
- Assertive and fact-based communicator with excellent communication skills and an ability to explain technical issues to a business audience and vice-versa.
- Experience as a self-starter in a rapidly evolving and at times ambiguous environment. A continuous learner with an ability to problem solve quickly.
- Ability to identify and articulate risks, and constructively challenge assumptions
- Influencing and negotiation skills in a virtual / remote environment. You will be based in Dublin with the team, but your customers are in Europe, the US and Asia.
What makes you stand out:
- Additional qualifications such as CSPO (or equivalent), PMP etc.
- Exposure to solutions such as SQL, QlikView, Qlik Sense, Informatica DQ
- Strong insurance and / or insurance broking business domain knowledge
- Level 8 or 9 NFQ in a field related to Data Analytics
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company's 76,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualised revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organisations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.