What can you expect?
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. is a global professional services firm, headquartered in New York City with businesses in insurance brokerage, risk management, reinsurance services, talent management, investment advisory, and management consulting. It comprises the operating companies Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, JLT and Oliver Wyman.
The Dublin-based Marsh & McLennan Innovation Centre UC (MMCIC) is an innovative R&D and data analytics hub that delivers industry-leading digital solutions for its clients and colleagues. It is of strategic importance to MMC and contains representatives from each of MMC’s operating companies.
Following an internal promotion, as part of our continued, unprecedented growth, we seek an enthusiastic, motivated Business Analyst to join our team to support the implementation, ongoing support and enhancement of various technology solutions.
We will look for you to help gather requirements, facilitate discovery or design workshops for a couple of projects, including the implementation of a tool currently in development that will improve policy management for our UK & French clients
Collaborating with our Product Owners, you will manage business relationships, ascertain the relevant information from business stakeholders/SMEs, validate business requirements and interpret these into user stories.
Also, coordinating business acceptance testing and overseeing the product backlog.
What you will be rewarded with:
Our employees enjoy excellent benefits such as:
- Competitive salary with annual review
- Up to 12% pension contribution
- Full healthcare cover
- Study Support
- Flexitime or flexistart
- Flexible working/potential to work from home
- Sports & Social clubs/Wellness Programme
- Paid annual leave and ability to purchase additional leave days
- Travel ticket/bike to work/dental are optional
- Subsidised canteen
We will count on you to:
- Work with agile development teams, manage a product backlog and oversee acceptance testing
- Providing analytical support across projects as appropriate
- Drive business engagement through project meetings, program boards and agile ceremonies.
What you need to have:
- 5+ years working experience as a Business Analyst
- Experience of working in an Agile environment including producing user stories and participating in sprints & daily scrums
- Familiarity working with Waterfall.
- Excellent writing/documentation, communication, analysis and organizational skills
- Ability to grasp business needs and assess impacts to complex business operations and systems
- An understanding of Tech and/or Software Development
What makes you stand out:
- Insurance or Financial Services experience
- Experience working with global stakeholders and cultures
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to communicate with all levels in the business
At Marsh McLennan, we understand the complexity, and the reality, of the modern career path. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you would be a great fit for the role, we would love to hear from you.
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company's 76,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualised revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organisations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.