Description of Business Unit:
The Group Customer Analytics & Transformation team sits within the Group Marketing function and supports our customers, colleagues and partners across Ireland, UK and Internationally.
In a changing market environment, where customer expectations continue to grow and there is an increasing demand for personalised customer experiences, Customer Analytics is leading the charge to enable and deliver this personalised experience through data analytics.
To deliver on this vision the Customer Analytics team leverage internal and external data and apply data analytics and visualisation techniques to maximise the value of this data, explain it back to the business, and deliver positive outcomes for our customers and our business.
The complex challenges the team faces means there is considerable opportunity for team members to grow and develop both their technical and non-technical skills to achieve their full potential at Bank of Ireland.
Purpose of the Role:
The individual will be tasked with delivering actionable insights that translate into positive customer and business outcomes for the Marketing squads you support. You will have a commercial mind-set, understand the business and be someone who can identify and communicate opportunities for growth. You will be a team player who is self-motivated and passionate about data. You will be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and be able to prioritise work across multiple areas. You will be as comfortable wrangling data and creating visualisations as you are with engaging with business areas and translating their business problems into analytics.
- Provide detailed analysis and understanding of customers' needs and interests across different customer segments and products.
- Provide insight into the performance of your squads' activity and identify actions/recommendations to increase performance.
- Play a role in building the brand of Customer Analytics internally and externally by demonstrating the value Customer Analytics delivers for our Customers.
What is the Opportunity?
The successful candidate will support the delivery of data driven analysis to our key product lines and customer segments and also bring expertise in analytics and storytelling to deliver increased commercial and business outcomes. We are specifically looking for curious, big picture thinkers who are comfortable discussing the details, as well as being self-motivated and organised.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working in analytics or a business analyst role, with at least 3 years' experience.
- SQL skills are essential.
- Experience with data visualisation tools e.g. tableau.
- Ability to multi task, engage a range of stakeholders and work across teams.
- A highly motivated and driven individual looking to make a major contribution to the success of analytics within the Bank of Ireland Group.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Analytics, or equivalent quantitative field.
- Experience with Teradata, Tableau or similar data technologies.
- Experience in working with large data sets and delivery of meaningful actionable insights to a wide stakeholder base
- Experience in working in financial services and/or with marketing teams
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
- One Group, one team - Self