Recently described by Tech Nation as one of the UK’s ‘most innovative AI companies to watch in 2020’, Analytics Engines is seeking to appoint a Technical Pre-sales Consultant to join the team. As a Technical Pre-sales Consultant, you will work closely with the sales and marketing teams to support Analytics Engines sales activities. This role will require reviewing and responding to Requests for Proposal, Tenders and preparing and delivering presentations to prospects.
Technical Pre-sales Consultant
As a Technical Pre-sales Consultant at Analytics Engines you will work closely with the sales and marketing teams to support Analytics Engines sales activities. This role will require reviewing and responding to Requests for Proposal, Tenders and preparing and delivering presentations to prospects.
The Technical Pre-Sales Consultant will also provide business and technical product expertise, solution features and benefits information and deal-specific competitive analysis. You will be integral to the development the presales capability and reusable content working alongside sales and marketing to position and deliver Analytics Engines solutions to our clients.
They will be technically sophisticated and have the patience and passion to guide the team, clients and
stakeholders through all the capabilities of our solutions. You will need to be extremely comfortable talking to our clients in both friendly and challenging situations.
Key Duties & Tasks
• Analyse Requests for Proposal and Tenders for business requirements for match to Analytics Products
and Solution capabilities
• Active and integral participant in the RFP and Tender processes evaluating and completing documents and proposals in line with the required timelines.
• Perform market research to identify opportunities and competitive knowledge
• Working as part of a team to provide advice, training and pre-sales support to the sales team.
• Preparation and delivery solution presentations to customers, potential customers and key stakeholders.
• Provide pre-sales technical assistance and solution education to customers.
• Ownership of relationships with clients through project definition, requirements gathering, development and expectation management.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of Analytics Engines solutions and competitor products and companies in the marketplace.
• Writing specifications, proposals, tenders, SOW, technical and business reports, user documentation,
and determining operational feasibility.
• Translation of technical details into benefits for potential and existing customers and derive ROI models where appropriate.
• Maintaining and developing strong customer relationships.
• Supporting challenging sales targets in line with the business strategy.
• Input to creation of technical collateral and demos.
• Attending meetings, events, and working at client sites in Europe and Internationally.
• Any other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time.
The responsibilities highlighted in this job description are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders
are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the
Required Behavioural Skills and Competencies
• Is driven and enthusiastic and works well in a dynamic environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to extract customer requirements and expectations in clear language
• Identifies opportunities and threats to company’s sales strategies
• Able to independently research and solve problems and develop new solutions to spec.
• Works to timelines and establishes deliverable plans with measurable milestones
• Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks, taking responsibility for commitments
Analytics Engines 2 Technical Pre-sales Consultant
• 2 year’s business experience in data analytics solutions/software products
• Experience in presentation delivery and facilitation
• Excellent public speaking capability.
• Strong analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills.
• Strong quantitative skills and the ability to analyse complex data and look for trends.
• Experience working with software engineers and/or data scientists
• Ability to translate complex technical concepts and language into clear, customer-focussed language
• Experience demonstrating software products
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical and numerical skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
• Ability to work flexibly, self-motivate, able to take ownership and act on own initiative
• MSc or PhD in science or engineering related discipline
• Commercial expertise in data processing, management, analytics and technology.
• Superior proactive problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience of facilitating UX workshops, translating findings into solutions
• Experience of taking solutions from concept through to delivery
• Exceptional project management and organisation skills.
• Deep understanding of leadership and management processes.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Ability to lead and motivate
You can apply for this role by sending your CV and cover letter to P.J. Kirk at [email protected]